Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Paying through the nose

I don't normally try and write two posts in one day, but two headlines on the BBC News website got me thinking.

Firstly there's the revelation that over-crowding on trains and tubes may expose commuters to lots of bugs and viruses. Not much of a surprise (I don't seem to have had a single cough- or cold-free day for weeks). But add that to the news that commuters suffer more stress than fighter pilots, and travelling by train and tube starts looking like a very unhealthy pastime.

The second headline is announcing above-inflation fare increases. I note that Thameslink fares are scheduled to increase by an average 4% to 4.5%. I’m feeling stressed already.

So, bad for the health and for the bank balance. Remind me why I put myself through this everyday???!

No comments: