Monday, December 06, 2004

A case of mistaken identity

Nothing to write about this morning. The train arrived on time, I got a seat and there were more seats to spare in my carriage, no unscheduled stops, arrived at St P on time, where I walked straight into the tube station, through the ticket barrier and onto a tube train without delay. Marvelous.

As I walked back along Pancras Road to St P tonight, I realise that all the signs and posters are issued by CTRL/LRE/Union Rail. Wherever I go on the underground I'm warned to avoid KX tube because of Thameslink engineering works, but the truth of the matter is that these works are CTRL works, or LUL works, or both. While they may ultimately be a step towards achievement of the Thameslink 3000 project, as yet, this is still stuck on the drawing board. Meanwhile CTRL, LUL, etc avoid the infamy that such disruption brings to Thameslink .

A case of mistaken identity or a PR coup by CTRL?

No comments: