Thursday, December 09, 2004

Master of all they survey?

Market researchers have been out in force at St Albans station.

I used to hope that one would interview me; I like to talk! But it never happened.

This week, everyone is being given survey forms to complete. I'm still carrying around the LUL questionnaire that I was given a month ago. Looks like a lot of effort, and none of the questions give me opportunity to tell LUL what I really think about the service that I have received recently and what is wrong with it.

Hence this blog.

And what a lot there was wrong at KX tube this morning.

The gates to the tube station were closed no less than four times while I was standing in the queue to get in. Each time they opened for a minute or so, and then remained closed for five.

Gave me plenty of time to enjoy the passive resistance of other travelers determined to get to their destination despite the megaphone men. Also plenty of time to think again that traffic really should be diverted by some other route than Pancras Road. The pedestrian areas were so overcrowded this morning that it really isn't surprising that people walk all over the road, and it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt. I wonder whether the planners will be found to have done everything that they reasonably could to protect the health and safety of the vast majority of the roads users, who are the pedestrians.

Eventually I get through the gates only to be held at the next set of gates for another 5 minutes. The station apparently is overcrowded so has been closed. It is inconceivable that it is overcrowded with passengers from St P as so few of us have been allowed in. So where is everyone coming from? My assumption is KX rail station is being given priority (again). I really do feel unwanted by LUL despite the fact that quite a lot of the cash that I hand over to Thameslink each year is for the privilege of traveling on the underground. 25 minutes to get from platform at St P to platform at KX tube.

To cap it all, I got stuck on the underground as a result of a passenger using the emergency stop on a train ahead of us.

But I'm just another statistic...


No comments: