Monday, November 29, 2004

Platform roulette

I arrived a few minutes late for the 7.42am at St Albans station this morning, but that's ok because I can see the service still in its siding. And they've just announced that it will be all stations to Kentish Town only. Funny how it's safe to stop trains there when it suits Thameslink.



May have made a tactical error by not getting on the 7.42 because now that it has left the station, they have just announced that the 7.52 will also be late and make two unscheduled stops.



As the 7.52 arrives, it's clear that I won't get a seat, and I need to work on the train. In any case, they have just announced that the late running 7.57 will be the next train to arrive on platform 1, so I decide to see if that’s any less crowded.

Just as well I notice it arriving on platform 3.



So here I am, sitting comfortably on the 7.57 and ready to begin work. I wonder where this one will stop; would be nice to know.

No comments: